2.03.2010

Sewing projects...

I thought I give you an update of my various sewing projects...

First is a clearer picture of the jean quilt block that I'm making. I know that the lines still don't look exactly square, but I promise that they are. And as for the little looping on the stitches... yeah, I saw them. I fixed them, too. It only happened on the outside of the block.


The next project, I actually finished last night on my newly established sewing night with Shae. It is an apron for Samantha for her birthday, since she turns eight tomorrow. Why an apron? I have no idea, really, I don't, but it was fun and she should be able to use it for quite a while... Even though I used all her measurements to make the pattern, it still fit over my head (snugly) and tied around my waist (barely).


This is a close up of the heart pocket on the top. I absolutely LOVE what you can do with paper piecing and it is so easy! As for the pockets on the bottom that spell out "SAM," I should have used my Cricut to cut it out and then use Insta-badge or iron on stuff to apply them and hand stitch them, but I didn't. I used my computer, cut out the letters, then traced them on to the fabric and stitched them on with my machine... and with out a hoop... oh well, I think they look pretty good...

1 comment:

Kevin and Sara Laub said...

It turned out sooo cute! Well done!