2.18.2010

This is what happens when your niece asks for something...

So, I happened to run into my sister-in-law and my niece the other day at D.I. They were looking for books, I was looking for jeans that don't hang clear down on my hips. While there, my sister-in-law told me that her daughter had asked if Aunt Rachel was going to make her (my niece) another hair clip that she could wear in her 6 year old pictures. I made one for her last year and, honest to goodness, could not think of what to get her this year. So, I said sure, what color did she want? Pink. It's always pink. I don't know why I ever ask...

Fast forward to the next Tuesday... I'm with Shae on our sewing night, helping her cut out a pattern for a skirt. Guess what color the fabric was? Pink! Not only pink, but pink satin with butterflies. Yeah, I asked for the remnants and made a couple of really cute (in my opinion) hair clips out of it for my niece, Lizzy. They were so cute, in fact, that I made one for myself. Here's the one I made for me. I'm even wearing it in my hair today...


P.S. I'm planning on making more and possibly selling them on Etsy. I haven't set up my shop yet, though, so don't go looking for it yet...

No comments: